Monday, December 15, 2008

Because it's finals week...

Because it's finals week, about now seems to be the most appropriate time for me to make a blog. I've always prided myself in my productiveness.

I spent a long time trying to think of a serious name for this blog because I'm trying to learn how to be more serious. I might have half succeeded in this attempt.

GRACE. I don't know if I've ever truly lived up to what my name means. I can analyze my gracefulness from two different standpoints:
> Does my presentation exude gracefulness? How about my poise? My speech? My mannerisms?
--> Sometimes, I like to act like a raptor. It's the NYU influence, not my fault.
--> My mom says that everything I touch, I break.
--> I've been known to trip here and there... or quite often. It's because I don't know where I'm supposed to be looking when I walk - my feet or straight ahead?
> Am I able to show grace to others? With all the grace that I receive, do I use it wisely and pour it on others as well?
--> Forgiveness is hard. You know what I'm talking about.

So, I guess it's pretty appropriate that people gave me the name Graceless. Some of it are things to embrace, the rest is something to be worked on. So half serious? Yeah? What do you think Pam Chan?

And thus this blog has been formed.

1 comment:

  1. hmm... hello g. fung. welcome to the blog world. = )

    now as for a response to your blog...

    cool, a very insightful look into your mind.

    as for your physical "gracefulness"... i have no comment. you are clumsy. end of story. = P

    as for the spiritual aspect, grace is getting things we don't deserve. yeah, you know that. and i don't deserve you as a friend, but God has graced me with you. And I am so blessed. You're broken, imperfect, flawed. I'm broken, imperfect and flawed. But God has ordained us to find each other and be sisters all these years. Awesome! That's grace. He shines through our brokenness. That's grace.

    Your name represents God's yearly, monthly, daily and minute by minute gift to ALL of us. Grace.

    That doesn't mean that you have to embody this gift all yourself... it doesn't mean that you have to be the greatest example of what it means to accept God's grace on a daily basis. No way.

    You're free to be who God made you to be.

    So, I would say, you're physically graceless... but not spiritually. You're here, aren't you? So I agree... there are things to embrace and things to work on. = )

    And hey, you have me, don't you? Puahaha. = P That's grace. = )

    So, those are my comments. = )

    ReplyDelete